Fertility treatment during COVID-19
All clinics that are part of the Fertifa network will continue to remain open during the pandemic, providing safe, quality care to our patients across the UK. As a digital care provider, we continue to offer services designed to reduce clinic visits and allow you to get started from the comfort of your own home.
Throughout this time, we continue to offer as standard:
- Free 15-minute fertility advisor telephone conversation
- Video doctor consultations
- At-home hormone blood testing kits
- At-home sperm screening testing kits
- Fertility medication home delivery services
- Online payments – cashless and contactless
- Video wellbeing sessions – including fertility coaching and counselling
- Digital paperwork, including medical history questionnaires, consent forms and treatment plans
All clinics that we work with are licensed and regulated by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA). All are continuing to work hard to maintain the safety of both patients and staff, ensuring strict disinfection and testing measures. This includes:
- Staff and patient questionnaires to identify symptoms
- Regular deep cleaning of all areas compliant with best practice
- A reduction in the number of patients in the clinic at any one time
- PPE for all staff
- Access to hand sanitisers throughout the clinics and socially distanced seating arrangements
Further guidance for patients
As the government continues to alter its guidance on restrictions throughout the United Kingdom, fertility clinics remain open. However, as the infectious rate increases, clinics may reduce the number of patients they are able to safely see on a daily basis.
The HFEA issues updated guidance to both clinics and patients regularly. We have included links to the relevant articles below.